My last class was very good because of the
activities I developed. It was really nice to teach my last class because I
already knew my students and the way they behave during the class, which I love
because they love participating. This time teacher Salvador told me to teach
about second class from the lesson, and it was just practice about TOO+ADJ+FOR
PHRASE+INFINITIVE; he also said I was free to change anything from the
activities in order to adequate them as I preferred. I developed my class into
a grammar practice, a Tip Ranking Activity, and an Impromptu Speech activity
about Global Warming.
Before
starting the class, I had to wait an hour because I was supposed to teach at 3:00
pm, but there was no one to evaluate my teaching, and so I had to wait until
4:00pm. The grammar practice was not so difficult to manage because students
just have to open their books and complete the sentences from the activity. First
of all, I tried to make a review of the previous class in order to get students
familiar with what they were going to do; then, I gave the directions and wrote
an example on the board for them to follow the same structure in their books. When
they were done, I checked with all of them the answers. There was no problem
with the exercises.
Finally
for the impromptu speech, I got them follow me to the basketball court. I asked
them to form a circle; then, I gave directions. They had to pick a piece of
paper containing a statement or a sentence about global warming and start
taking about it. I decided to number them from one to two, and in the first
time number ones had to start talking and then number twos. It was good, but I know
I could have more advantage of the activity, and again I was thinking on the
bell which was about to ring, so I got the activity finished and say good bye
to students. I felt satisfied because they could learn something from me, and I
learn and had experience at teaching from them.
As a
conclusion, the opportunity to teach at English Access was wonderful because I learned
a lot from the other side of teaching English because it is not the same as in
the major because there we are dealing with children and not teenagers or
adults. Based on my experience, I can infer that every time you are teaching
you have to be well prepared in order to succeed with your class and set the
goal or objective, so in the future I plan to dedicate more time for preparing
the activities to develop. I will also try to learn on how to give clearer directions,
because this time I had some problems with that; I will also try to manage the
time very well for not missing teaching time and for not taking more time to
finish. To sum up, the first teaching practicum gave me a lot of experience,
and I am sure that now I can go any classroom to teach English without
problems, so I have known how to manage the groups and also how to develop a
lesson successfully.
I really liked the way you developed you class Karen because you combined the activities, so it means that you pay special attention that your students do not learn in the same way, and also that all the skills have to be improved.
ResponderBorrar